Forgers! We miss you! Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe, healthy & active. It’s been over 10 weeks since we temporarily closed, and we have been working hard to get ready for re-opening and waiting for the green light from the province. We are hopeful it won’t be too much longer! When we are able to re-open, things are going to look different, for at least the short term and maybe longer. We wanted to give you an idea of what to expect, based on what we are seeing in other provinces.
When we re-open, we will take every precaution to keep everyone healthy. We expect to be given clear guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of Health that we will be required to follow, and our plan is to go over and above that – we will ensure we have a clearly defined code of conduct for both coaches and participants once we are ready to open. We expect the initial opening phase MIGHT look similar to the below:
POTENTIAL Guidelines (DRAFT ONLY) – for temporary initial opening phase:
- We expect to have to limit each class to ~8 participants to start with, with clearly marked areas dedicated to each participant to ensure everyone is always at least 2 metres apart.
- Sign-ups and payments will be required in advance. (If you show up without signing up, any open spots will be given at a first come, first served basis.)
- Classes will be 45-60mins and scheduled with buffer time between – you will be asked to wait outside until it’s your time to come in.
- Coaches will screen each participant upon arrival (ask you a few questions) and will check you in.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for you to wash your hands on the way in and on the way out.
- You can choose whether to wear a face mask or not – some of our coaches may choose to also.
- We will provide signage to show entrance/exit, appropriate distance markers, and reminder posters.
- You will need to bring your own water bottles and shoes (no other personal items) – no access to water coolers, showers or change rooms / bathrooms available if necessary.
- Once you are screened, you will be told what equipment you need to bring into your marked area for the workout and can collect it before class starts. No sharing of equipment.
- You will be asked to wipe down your equipment before and after use.
- You will be asked to leave as soon as the class is over.
- You will be asked NOT come if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID-19. If you have been exposed or test positive, please let us know. (We will let members know if there is a positive case.)
- We will ensure we diligently clean and sanitize the space frequently.
- We will most likely start with our regular adult classes first, then add our youth and other special programs as we go.
- We will start back with foundational workouts for the first couple weeks as everyone gets back to it, similar to what we’ve been doing virtually with extra options provided.
- We will still offer Virtual options for people who would prefer to workout from home AND will offer private training options also.
So things will be DIFFERENT! But we are still the same amazing community, and we will work together patiently to make this transition safe and successful. Allow yourself and each other some extra grace through the transition, and we will still make sure we have fun with it! We will do our very best to provide you a safe, fun place to stay fit and healthy! As soon as we have a better sense of timing for re-open, we will let you know.
Any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. In the meantime, stay well!